Critical Force, the creator of the highly successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops, and one of the leading mobile shooter developers in the world, is now looking for a Junior 2D Artist! We are looking for a person with great graphic design and illustration skills to work with the Critical Ops art team to create a wide variety of different live content designs. Are you creative and do you have a passion for developing Critical Ops’ live content efforts with an amazing team? In this role you will create live content designs by using 2D software such as Adobe Photoshop and implement the designs in Unity engine. You will create either completely new designs or retouch existing 2D assets to be used as live content in Critical Ops. We wish you are able to work alone and as part of a team, and deliver your tasks in a timely manner without compromising quality. You understand the importance of branding, IP and set guidelines and visual themes/direction. You know how to communicate with the art lead(s) and the rest of the art team, and are able to give and receive constructive feedback. Your days will be mostly filled with creating amazing art from start to finish, communicating with the relevant stakeholders, receiving feedback and adjusting your work accordingly. Also if time permits, you might be able to help in other areas of the game art team(s) content production. You can additionally wow us with Blender 3D and/or vector graphics skills, ability to work efficiently in Unity game engine and common version control systems, such as GIT and SVN.
Live Content Creation
Being able to create live content from concepting to the final merge request
- Concepting Live Content (such as weapons skins or emblems) according to the content's vision and purpose.
- Creating Live Content consistent with the style and the quality of the other content in the project utilizing the pre-set pipelines and standards.
- Being able to implement the Live Content in the Unity game engine and creating merge requests for them.
- Being able to author, polish, and implement Live Content designed by other artists or parties so that the result is still true to the original design and intent.
Additional Responsibilities if needed:
Producing various in-game 2D assets
- Working on in-game events 2D content such as pop-ups and hub backgrounds while following the overall vision and style of the feature/event.
- Designing and implementing custom animation thumbnails.
- Creating the content to match the set pipelines and quality standards.
- Participating in the team meetings and following the set processes such as daily standup, retrospectives and sprint plannings.
- Learning how to take and give feedback about issues
- Requesting feedback according to our processes and implementing changes according to feedback.
- Being familiar with standardized tools such as GIT and SVN.
- Task management
- Able to manage given tasks and report blockers if any
- Evaluate and create tasks supporting the producer keeping the backlog up to date
Applicants are expected to provide an art portfolio and might require taking an art test for consideration.
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on competitive multiplayer games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels. Our flagship game is a first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 90 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. From interns to our senior developers, we all share a passion for our creations and pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
The selected candidate can decide to work from either of our offices - in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small town vibe next to nature - or in Helsinki - in the heart of a bustling games capital. Remote working in other places in Finland is also possible, but the ability to be able to visit the offices from time to time will be required.
- Opportunity to join a game studio awarded multiple times by different organizations
- Transparent and caring company culture
- A fast-moving work environment driven by the people with a passion for games
- The option to work from time to time in either of our offices, in Helsinki or in Kajaani
- Good benefits, incl. comprehensive health and travel insurance and dental care
- Flexible working environment and autonomous teams
- Opportunity to grow and develop into more responsible roles