Critical Force is the creator of the successful mobile FPS title Critical Ops and one of the leading mobile shooter game developers in the world. Our team is a mix of industry veterans and emerging talent with a common mission to bring unique shooter games to mobile platforms. We have worked hard to foster a team spirit that's honest, trusting, and player-centric with a true emphasis on continuous learning.
Now, we are calling for you, a DevOps Engineer, to join our ranks to design and develop systems that will bring Critical Ops to the next level. If you are a passionate and self-driven person ready to challenge yourself and create the next level of mobile FPS gaming, we welcome you to join us!
You would become a part of our Tech Ops team, filled with passionate and creative people with great enthusiasm and knowledge.
Your primary focus will be on designing, implementing, and maintaining various tools, procedures, and automation systems across multiple projects.
- DevOps experience
- Good debugging skills
- Experience in Linux environments
- Experience with version control (Git) as a natural part of development cycles
- Experience with cloud infrastructures (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with common DevOps concepts (e.g. automated configuration management, infrastructure automation)
- Experience with scripting (e.g. Python, Shell)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Designing and creating internal DevOps tools and services
- Develop, profile, and improve automation processes and tools
- Work together with a multidisciplinary team
- Give technical support for other teams
- Develop test automation features & infrastructure
You can also Wow us with your
- Experience with build automation systems (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD)
- Knowledge of HashiStack (Consul, Vault, Nomad...)
- Knowledge of iOS/Android app development tools
- Knowledge of Unity/Unreal app development tools
- Enthusiasm for real-time multiplayer and cloud architectures
- Knowledge in micro-service architectures
- Proactive and self-driven mindset
- Other specialist skills that can be applied to other areas of development
Critical Force is a Finnish game company with offices in both Kajaani and Helsinki. We are focusing on shooter games for mobile. We strive to create games that are fun to play on both casual and competitive levels. Our flagship game is the first-person shooter Critical Ops, which has been downloaded over 100 million times worldwide and has become a trailblazer in electronic sports played on mobile devices. We all share a passion for our creations, from interns to senior developers. We pride ourselves on our friendly and focused team atmosphere.
We provide the opportunity to work remotely or from either of our offices - in Kajaani, experiencing an international feeling with a small-town vibe next to nature - or in Helsinki - in the heart of a bustling games capital. For remote work, terms may apply depending on the location.
- Opportunity to join an award-winning game studio
- Transparent and caring company culture
- A fast-moving work environment driven by people with a passion for games
- The option to choose where you work: Helsinki office, Kajaani office, or remote
- Opportunity for fully-remote work
- Robust benefits, incl. comprehensive health care and insurance, and dental care
- Flexible working environment and autonomous veteran team